- 1 Where did Paul first preached?
- 2 What cities did Paul visit on his first missionary journey?
- 3 Who went on the first missionary journey with Paul?
- 4 What cities did Paul visit on his second missionary journey?
- 5 Where was Paul when he wrote the letter to the Galatians?
- 6 What did Paul and Barnabas argue about?
- 7 Where does Paul and his followers go first when they enter a new city?
- 8 Where is Damascus in the Bible?
- 9 How long after Jesus death was Paul converted?
- 10 What is the name Paul in Arabic?
Where did Paul first preached?
After this meeting he began his famous missions to the west, preaching first in his native Syria and Cilicia (Galatians 1:17–24). During the next 20 years or so (c. mid-30s to mid-50s), he established several churches in Asia Minor and at least three in Europe, including the church at Corinth.
What cities did Paul visit on his first missionary journey?
Paul’s First Missionary Journey
- Antioch, Syria. x. Antakya, Hatay Province, Turkey.
- Seleucia, Syria. x. Village of Çevlik near the town of Samandağ in the Hatay Province of Turkey.
- Salamis, Cyprus. x. 6 km north of modern Famagusta, Cyprus.
- Paphos, Cyprus. x.
- Perga. x.
- Antioch of Pisidia. x.
- Iconium. x.
- Lystra. x.
Who went on the first missionary journey with Paul?
Paul’s First Missionary Journey The first missionary journey began in about 45 A.D. From Antioch, Barnabas and Saul traveled about sixteen miles to the coast, to the port at Seleucia Pieria.
What cities did Paul visit on his second missionary journey?
Timothy Joins Paul and Silas Paul went on also to Derbe and to Lystra, where there was a disciple named Timothy, the son of a Jewish woman who was a believer; but his father was a Greek. He was well spoken of by the believers in Lystra and Iconium.
Where was Paul when he wrote the letter to the Galatians?
Paul the Apostle to Christian churches (exact location uncertain) that were disturbed by a Judaizing faction. Paul probably wrote the epistle from Ephesus about 53–54 to a church he had founded in the territory of Galatia, in Asia Minor, though there is uncertainty about the date of the letter’s composition.
What did Paul and Barnabas argue about?
Barnabas, together with Paul, struggled against those who required that Gentiles first be circumcised in order to become Christian (Ac 15, 1―2).
Where does Paul and his followers go first when they enter a new city?
Paul always preached to the Jews first when he entered a new city.
Where is Damascus in the Bible?
Damascus is mentioned in Genesis 14:15 as existing at the time of the War of the Kings. According to the 1st-century Jewish historian Flavius Josephus in his twenty-one volume Antiquities of the Jews, Damascus (along with Trachonitis), was founded by Uz, the son of Aram. In Antiquities i.
How long after Jesus death was Paul converted?
Exact Answer: After 14 years After his death, Jesus made an appearance before Paul while he was on his way to Damascus. This is the time when Paul was converted into a Christian.
What is the name Paul in Arabic?
Latin: Paulus, Paulinus. Arabic: بولس (Bulus, in the Bible)